For all companies outside Germany where deviating regulation apply, a local privacy statements will be provided as part of the online application process. Please refer to the privacy statement of the Group company for which you have submitted an application to learn more about that company’s practices regarding your personal data.
Information about the processing and use of your employment application data
This is to inform you about the company's processing of your personal data in relation to your application.
The Mercedes-Benz company or the Daimler Truck company that posted the vacant position is responsible for this data processing. You can find more details in the job listing. If you have submitted an application for multiple Group companies, they are also responsible as part of each application process. Information on our Group companies for the Mercedes-Benz companies can be found here and for the Daimler Truck Companies can be found here. You can reach the respective Group company by e-mail here for the Mercedes-Benz company and here for the Daimler Truck company.
You can reach the Chief Officer of Corporate Data Protection for the Mercedes-Benz Group at the following address: Mercedes-Benz Group AG, HPC E600, 70546 Stuttgart, email@example.com.
You can reach the Chief Officer of Corporate Data Protection for the Daimler Truck AG at the following address: Daimler Truck AG, HPC DTF2B, Fasanenweg 10, 70745 Leinfelden-Echterdingen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data categories that we process in relation to your application are the ones that you provided as part of the application process. The processed categories of personal data include, but are not limited to, your name, contact information, qualification details, references, documentation and login credentials. We can also process personal data from the application that was obtained lawfully from publicly accessible sources (such as career networks).
We process your personal data in relation to the application, in accordance with the legal requirements. Data processing serves the purpose of personnel recruiting. The primary legal basis is Art. 6, Para. 1 b) GDPR in conjunction with Art. 88, Para. 1 GDPR in conjunction with Section 26 Para. 1 BDSG. Your data can also be processed with statistical means and in combination with data from other internal sources to further develop our recruiting, personnel development, personnel planning, performance management, compensation, organizational development, organizational and work culture, innovation management and operative personnel management with regularity. The primary legal basis is Art. 6 Para.1 f) GDPR.
As special categories of personal data under Art. 9, Para. 1 GDPR, information about a personal severe disability can be processed during the personnel recruiting process. This is done on the basis of Art. 9, Para. 2 b) GDPR in conjunction with Section 26 Para. 3 BDSG. To meet our legal obligations in this regard, we make use of data analytics to ascertain the personal severe disability.
Recipients of your personal data within our company are the managers of the department in charge of filling the position as well as employees involved in the hiring process and the responsible HR colleagues and the responsible works council members. To fulfill the above-mentioned statistical purposes also other HR colleagues or data analysts can process your data.
If you have applied for training positions/dual study programs in different Group companies, these companies also receive your personal data that we collect as part of the online assessment and in the event that you make it to the next stage of selection, any on-site test and any selection day. You can find the companies concerned in each job listing. We will provide you with additional information regarding this as part of our online assessment.
In addition, we may use service providers to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations as well as for data processing. For a list of the categories of contractors and providers that we use, please consult the HR department.
As an applicant, you have the right:
- to request information from the controller about the personal data stored on you and about the information specified in Art. 15 GDPR.
- to have the controller correct any inaccurate personal data relating to you and, if needed, to update incomplete personal information (Art. 16 GDPR).
- to request that the controller delete personal data relating to you, if the data is no longer needed for the application process or any legal obligations. The specific reasons are listed in Art. 17 GDPR (right to erasure).
- to request that the controller restrict processing, if one of the conditions listed in Art. 18 GDPR has been met, e.g. if you have filed an objection to the processing, for the duration of the review by the controller.
- to request that the controller issue in a readable, electronic format the data that you have provided electronically yourself (Art. 20 GDPR)
- to object to data processing if there are special reasons pertaining to your situation that would contraindicate data processing. If there are no mandatory, legitimate interests of the controller for data processing (e.g. to enforce or defend against legal claims), the controller can no longer process your data (Art. 21 GDPR).
- If you are of the opinion that we are in breach of the General Data Protection Regulation or other laws through the processing of personal data relating to you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer or a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
- The company limits the storage of your data to the necessary period. For this reason, we regularly delete your personal information as follows:
- The application profile you set up will remain active as long as you are in an application process. If there is no activity on the profile and after all application processes are completed, your profile will be saved for another three months. It is then deleted in full.
- The internal application profile automatically set up for employees will remain active as long as you are an employee of the group. The internal application profile will be saved for another three months after termination of the employment at the group.
- If you decide to withdraw an application, you can do so at any point unless your application has been rejection by the company. In case of withdrawal the application will be deleted without delay.
- In case of a rejection your submitted first and last name as well as your contact details will be deleted three months after the recruiting process in completed. The remaining parts of your submission are stored an additional 21 months for the above-mentioned statistical purposes and deleted thereafter.
- In case your application results in employment with the company, your submission data is stored at least for the period of your employment and will in part be transferred to other systems (personnel administration system) to establish employment and fulfill the above-mentioned statistical purposes.
At the same time, by submitting your application, you warrant that the information you provided is true. You are aware that providing false information can result in termination of any employment relationship.
By submitting your application, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal data.